WHAT SIZE KEG DO I NEED AND HOW MUCH DO THEY COST?
For planning your event first determine how many beer drinkers you have and how many beers per person you’d like to have. Above are the common keg sizes that will help you determine which size keg will best fit your party.
HOW LONG WILL A KEG KEEP?
This depends on the storing conditions of the keg and the method used to dispense the beer. Using a party pump tap (the most common way to dispense beer at a party), which injects oxygen into the keg, the beer should ideally be consumed the same day. If storing the keg under pressure and refrigerated (i.e. using a kegerator system) the keg should stay fresh for around 2-4 months.
HOW MANY KEGS OF DRAFT BEER CAN BE DISPENSED OUT OF A CO2 TANK?
As a general rule of thumb, it takes about a ½ Lb of CO2 to dispense a ¼ barrel of draft beer and 1 Lb of CO2 to dispense a ½ barrel of draft beer. Remember most CO2 tanks are not completely full. Remember the cooler the ambient temperature, the closer you’ll get.
WHAT TYPE OF TAP DO I NEED?
There are different types of keg couplers/tap styles that you need to be aware of when ordering kegs for a kegerator or party. We will supply you with the proper tap when renting a keg & tap through us.
CAN YOU GET CIDER IN KEGS?
Yes! We have access to several dozen kegs of different ciders. Just a few of the brands we can get are Angry Orchard, Johnny Appleseed, and more!
CAN YOU GET ROOT BEER IN KEGS?
Yes! We have access to several types of root beer kegs.
HOW DOES A TAP WORK? WHY IS THE BEER FOAMY? I CAN’T GET THE BEER OUT OF THE KEG!!!
If you’ve never tapped a keg before, don’t be embarrassed; just let us know, and we’ll be happy to give you a demonstration and answer any questions you have while you’re in the store. We don’t have a 24-hour keg help hotline, however, if you experience any problems with your keg once you’ve left the store, we can’t guarantee that we’ll be available to offer any assistance. (Hey, we do like to go home once in a while!) As far as maintaining your keg, though, just keep some simple guidelines in mind:
– Once you get the keg to your party location let it sit, absolutely still, for at least an hour. Hey, you’ve shaken up a bottle of beer, right? Now picture that about a thousand times bigger. Yeah, that’s right, I thought you’d want to let it settle…
– As the temperature of your keg changes, the taste of your beer changes. The taste is also affected by how much air it is exposed to, so try to avoid pumping the tap too much. A couple of pumps after you first tap it should be enough to get that delectable brew flowing properly. Too much pumping creates too much foam. Foamy beer is not great beer. Foamy heads are nice; foamy bodies are unsuitable for keg parties. Well, it’s not suitable in a beer; the suitability of other kinds of foamy bodies are up to the party-giver.
– A tapped keg should be kept at about 40° Fahrenheit for optimum taste.
– If you have the means, the absolute ideal place to keep a keg is in a kegerator. These are not widely available, however, unless you have ordered and installed one in your home, or the home of a very good, very generous friend. (A kegerator is a specially adapted refrigerator – we do currently sell them so stop in and see what’s available.)
– Once the keg is tapped, it’s a good idea to consume the beer within a couple of days, provided the temperature is regulated. Kegs placed in a kegerator may keep for longer periods of time;
As we mentioned earlier, if you didn’t get your answer here, please give us a call during our regular store hours, or drop us an e-mail.
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU HAVE PARTIALLY DISPENSED A KEG USING A PARTY PUMP (AIR), YOU CANNOT USE CO2 TO FINISH DISPENSING IT. WHEN USING A PARTY PUMP, THE KEG MUST BE FINISHED THE SAME DAY FOR BEST FLAVOR. ENJOY!
Q. SHOULD I GET MORE THAN ONE KEG?
A. We advise our customers to always plan for the best. It takes very little to pick up a second keg or have it delivered.
Q. How many kegs will I need?
A. A rough guide is outlined below, however this depends on the amount of people drinking beer, or on how many of them are drinking spirits and wines.
Party with over 60 adults 1-2 kegs
Party with over 160 adults 3-4 kegs
Q. Do you sell Beer Systems and Pumps?
A. Yes we do, contact us for more information.
Q. Do you Deliver?
Q. What areas do you deliver to and how much is the Delivery Fee?
A. We deliver to Broward and South Palm Beach County. Delivery Fee depends on location! See map for info.
Q. When do Delivery and Collection take place?
A. Delivery normally takes place 1-2 hours before your Party. Collections take place 2-3 days after your party. We can arrange alternative arrangements and extra days if the equipment is available.
Q. Does Delivery include setting up, etc?
A. Of course… Set up and Instructions on how to pour the perfect beer!
Q. Can I pick up the stuff from you?
A. Yes, were located at 952 S. State Rd 7 in Margate
Q. Do you charge a Security Deposit on Keg Pump Systems?
A. Yes, $100 which covers damage to the Keg, bucket, and Pump, including losing it or breakages. If this is a problem please contact us to discuss.
Q. How can I pay?
A.Cash, Credit or other!! There will be a 3.5% convenience fee for the use of Credit/Debit Cards. Or you can use Cash (ATM inside), Venmo, Cash App or Google Pay. Cash is always King at the Keg King.
Q. Is it ever too late to order?
A. NO, it’s never too late as we have many kegs available at all times, see our list here. but we advise calling us in the beginning of the week. our delivery are Thursday and Friday. This is to insure you get the freshest beer.
Q. How long do they last once opened?
A. As long as you keep it cold it will last for the day/night! Once you push air into the keg it will start to go flat. I’m sure at some point you opened a beer and put it in the fridge and tried to drink it the next day! That’s why we only do 3 day rentals, if you are still drinking the keg on the third day you definitely have problems.